Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I'm not sure how to take it when my friends suggest girls to me. Well, no, I mean, I appreciate the suggesting part. It's just that, um, these girls aren't exactly what I'm looking for.

A few weeks ago, as Myung was driving some youth group kids home, he brought up a girl.

Myung: How about ------? She's cute.

Alas, the kids in the back knew what she looked like. And they had no problem offering their thoughts.

Bekah: She's kind of short and stubby.

Jon: Yeah.

Seul: She's stubby.

One of the good things about teenagers: they are brutally honest. Now in her defense, let's say that she is a wonderful person who is way too good for me. But somewhat guiltily, I'm okay with that last part.

So I don't know. Maybe my expectations are too high or maybe it's easy to suggest any single person when it's not your pride on the line.

Call me shallow, call me Michael Scott, but there's a pretty big gap between someone who'll capsize an average-sized rowboat and Debra Shoshlefski. I just don't want to keep waiting for next year's chair catalog.

Singlehood is fine by me.

1 comment:

Myung said...

she used to be skinny.