I have 6 days of vacation coming up next week, and after the usual should-I-travel-somewhere-but-where-oh-forget-it, I decided that I'll just bum around and try to find a thing.
I was talking to Myung about trying to find a hobby, or at least something that I can really get into and have it be my thing. For instance, Harry's into comic books, which, in today's nerdly cool world, is kind of nerdly cool. Myung always watches comic book movies with Harry, who can give expert commentary on everything from the faithfulness of the translation to why that thing is sticking out of that guy like that. On the other hand, I don't think I really want to be the Comic Book Guy. We'll see.
Myung's thing, apparently, is youth group. Considering that he's either been in it, teaching it, or leading it for a decade or so, I'd tend to agree. And when he says Che's thing is dinosaurs, even if she vehemently denies it, I have to believe him because, you know, it's his thing.
Speaking of youth group, a handful of us went to see (500) Days of Summer, a non-rated R movie for once. It was ok, but kind of depressing, and I think it almost made Myung try to wash the dishes the next day. That's a euphemism for, well, washing the dishes. There was a lady in the back of the theater who may have been Joseph Gordon-Levitt's mom, she was over-laughing so much.
Christine: YeahshewassoannoyingandloudandIlookedbackatherwhenshewaslaughingbecauseIthoughtthatmightmakeherstopbutitdidn'tohmahguhhhh...
And on Sunday Sharon forced invited us to her new place downtown.
Che: I love open house!
So dinosaurs and open house for Che.
Myung and I made the girls go get us food while we sat around. Sharon had some art supplies and half-finished pencil sketches on her desk. Ok, so art for Sharon.
And for me? Well, I don't know yet, but I'll find something. Maybe speed skating? I'd be following in Myung and Christine's footsteps, it would be good exercise, and I'd wear one of those ohmahguhhhh...
Wednesday, September 02, 2009
Posted by
chase
at
12:03 AM
1 comment:
how about i give you an art project and see if you can do better than my 3d kids... most of them only stick to drawing + 2d.
go by some toothpicks + glue at the dollar store and make one module of 4-5 toothpicks each. continue to make these units and then construct them into one sculptural piece.
tell me how that goes and i will buy you something nice from korea or thailand. will can deliver it to you!
sincerely your #2 fan. bc myung happens to be #1!
Post a Comment