Saturday, February 27, 2010

I went grocery shopping tonight and got stuck with a cart with stiff front wheels. It kept veering off to wherever it wanted to go, and we fought until I dropped it off in the parking lot cart holder.

And then I had dinner with Anna. So, you know, more of the same.

Well, usually, anyway. Tonight I was too sick to argue, and settled for a civilized conversation.

Anna: I saw Pastor Hoon at New Community a few weeks ago. I was his favorite Sunday School student.

Me: No, you weren't.

She: Yeah, I was. My name's Anna and his wife's name is Anna, so he used to say that all the Annas were pretty. And I spoke Korean well, too.

Me: Uh huh.

She: So I went and said hi. And he was like, "Uh..." His wife had to remind him that I went to Bethel.

Me: Hahaha.

She: And then Esther Kim saw him, and he was like, "Hey, Esther!"

She seemed to be doing well, finally settling down into her own. Time tends to do that, I guess. So when she asked me what to do about something, saying that she might actually listen to me for once, I didn't say anything. No more pushing, it's time to let go.

1 comment:

Myung said...

You should talk to her. If not you, then who? You're all she's got.

I've learned, God is teaching me, to be better with my old kids. If not me, then who?