For the first few days after coming back from vacation, I would come home from work and walk into my empty condo, and it felt strange. I had gotten used to being alone for so long that after spending two weeks coming "home" to human interaction, being alone felt, you know, lonely. And then I got used to it again.
When Myung and I had dinner with Karin last week, she tried to encourage us by saying that she thought we were "catches" because we were employed and weren't weird. I'm not sure I agree with the not-weird part, but I guess I'm just glad the bar is so low.
Then Myung sent this mass email out a couple of days ago:
I'm over at my parents' house watching Kanye West concert on their cable. During the commercial, there was some animal rescue video of pictures of abused animals with their names and how they were neglected. One of the cats in the video, named [Chase], had this description: Never loved and will die alone.
Let's make a rescue video with [Chase]. Same description.
My response:
This email makes me feel abused.
It's good to be back.
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Posted by
chase
at
12:39 AM
1 comment:
oh goodness. i said more than "employed" and "not weird." there is no bar but if there was, and you two would be well above it. you guys are good quality men...caring, generous, kind, faith-minded, intelligent, handsome, funny (except myung who thinks he's funny, right myung?) the list could go on and on.
Post a Comment