I worked over a hundred hours last week. Ugh.
Last Friday I drove up to Charlie and Lori's place for Friday night community group. I was tired from a long week, but I didn't realize how tired I was until I started nodding off during the sharing time. By the time we finished, I was laying on the cold basement floor, sliding into sleep's embrace. And as sad as that was, it was only one of several times during my residency that I've fallen asleep on a floor somewhere due to pure exhaustion. Sad.
A few weeks ago I mentioned to my mom that I'm going to take time off to do research for the next couple of years. Her response? "You need to get married." So actually I could have said anything and gotten the same response.
One of the benefits of doing research is that it should afford me a little more free time. So, yes, maybe I can get married, but to be honest I think I would settle for dreaming cushioned dreams.
Tuesday, November 02, 2010
Posted by
chase
at
8:23 PM
3 comments:
You can sleep through our Community Group, but you better not sleep through Sara Bareilles tomorrow.
I have no clue how to get there. I haven't driven in the city for months and it'll be my first time going into downtown by myself. I might give away my car to some stranger and get into some ponzi scheme and sell away my clothes. A la Brandon Fraiser in the Blast From the Past. I think that's what the movie is called.
reading your blog made me cry for some reason. I'm applying to medical school next year, and I'm terrified. I guess it the anticipation of starting such a rigorous career and the fear of not getting in.. anywhere.. that keeps me up most nights. I'm even applying to one school in the Caribbean lol.
my grandmother told me last week "why don't you just marry a doctor, not become one..." hah. I hope you have success finding your soul mate someday and finish your residency in one piece. At least you don't have ovaries that expire. I just hope I get matched if I do end up as a foreign medical graduate.
Post a Comment