The singles mixer was a mixed bag. It wasn't really awkward at all, which isn't too surprising since the whole thing (big group, activity) was designed to avoid it. The guys all said they had a good time and the majority expressed some interest in getting to know the girls better. Unfortunately, most of the girls did not feel the same way. There were a couple of potential connections that were left for fate to work out, but the rest left with the same muted/casually hopeful/ultimately resigned feelings with which they initially came.
I met with Mike for dinner this week and he told me about these dreams that he was having. In them he was still with his ex-girlfriend and couldn't figure out why. He would wake up and the anxiety would slowly be washed away by reality.
I told him about the email that I sent a couple of weeks ago, and how she had responded so graciously, and how I felt so unburdened that Sunday as I led praise. I said that these things make a difference, that our relationships don't happen in a vacuum, and there are consequences to our hurtfulness. I said that we've all made mistakes in the past - I, most of all - and we may never be able to make up for it, but we can learn and we can grow and today can be merciful and tomorrow kind.
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Posted by
chase
at
11:03 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment