Saturday, July 05, 2008

I'm trying to remember the past two weeks, and it's not difficult because it was such a blur, but because each memory is so vivid that they are vying for my undivided attention, as they should.

There was Che's day in the city before leaving on a summer-long vacation to the west. We sat on the "hill" while she taught us how to grass whistle and we taught her right back. And she was wearing a nice dress and shoes with straps because John Choi took her nearer my God, for lunch and for the past two years.

There was the first day of residency and the first night of residency and the second day of residency and I didn't think it was possible to be so exhausted. And as I was standing in the ED, trying to fight off the overwhelming feeling of drowning, Kendra and Jen told me that it will get better. And it already has.

There was the first part of my move, when I arrived at my old apartment, post-call and fell asleep on the cold, hard floor as my parents and sister were carrying my things and carrying me.

There was the second part of my move, when I arrived at my new condominium, again post-call, and found Myung on the floor with my Dad, putting together my bed frame. My parents loved him, of course, and I was so proud - of my parents for recognizing the quality of friend, and of Myung for sticking close.

Hovering over all of this was the fact that Bethel is splitting. It doesn't affect the EM much, so I suppose it won't change my status (which, at this point, is something akin to a live-in boyfriend, as opposed to marrying a church and settling down). Still, a huge part of coming back was to be involved again, even occasionally, with BYG. And now it seems like the youth group may splinter, and with John Choi leaving, Myung seemed more than a little discouraged.

But I'm writing this in my condo, which I am somehow living in, even though my mortgage fell through. I don't know all the details of the financial wrangling that it took for me to be here. All I know is that I told John Choi to pray for it because God listens to righteous people. He did, and He did.

So now I'm going to ask John to pray for Bethel, for the youth group, and for Myung. Because if God can provide a house for me, surely He can provide shelter for his children.

No comments: