Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I could blame it on the fact that I was severely flu-ridden this past weekend and still possibly suffering from intermittent delirium, but I won't.

I had dinner with Parker yesterday and he had some tentatively good news about a girl that he met. He said things seemed to be going well, but it was still early, so he didn't want to get too far ahead of himself. I was happy for him, but it made me think.

I also had to send an email out to the Bethel men's group because, in anticipation of the singles mixer this weekend, all the joking had turned it into a big joke. I asked that we would be mature, honest about our intentions, expect honesty in return, and treat each other with kindness and respect. And that also made me think.

So I sent an email to the girl that I mentioned before, not asking for a second chance - we were a little beyond that - but with the hope that no one needed to feel diminished just because things didn't work out, and that we could part ways amicably, without bitterness or hurt. Maybe it was a bad idea and I should have just let it go, but I didn't. And it wasn't.

Good closure is good.

No comments: