Wednesday, November 02, 2011

When Kayle recently told me that her church had a lot of single girls, I mentioned that my church had a lot of single guys. Not long after that I was writing an email to the Bethel men's group to gauge potential interest in a singles mixer. What follows are some quotes from the thirty-plus replies that came back this afternoon (edited for readability).

"If they're not looking for super successful, I am definitely qualified."

"I am a bit leery ... I wouldn't mind being someone's wingman, though."

"This event is on the condition that the woman will follow the man to his church, right?"

"You can't speak on this, married man! Let the single men enjoy the show."

"If they seek God, is Bethel not the place where you meet Him?"

"Men at Bethel really make women to seek God and Him only ... ask Sharon."

"If any of you guys are on the fence about participating in a mixer, just come out and recruit some of these chicks to Bethel. Is this wrong, Pastor Anson?"

"Maybe we can set up a 'practice' beforehand for those of you who are nervous."

"Please let's practice. That's gonna be awesome."

"This is hilarious. What's more amusing is the mental picture of a 'practice' for this thing."

At this point, I think there is more support for the practice than for the actual mixer. Leave it to the Bethel guys to turn a potentially awkward situation into a complete mockery. Well, at least until the actual mixer happens, and then we'll get back to the awkwardness.

Speaking of awkwardness, I downloaded some new songs. After listening to Lenka sing "The Show" on YouTube, I decided to add a new batch of music to my iPhone. And since my taste in music is - to put it generously - questionable, this list should come as no surprise.

Lenka - "The Show"
Lenka - "Heart Skips A Beat"
Florence + The Machine - "Shake It Out"
Justin Bieber - "Baby"
Secret - "Love is MOVE"
Girls' Generation - "The Boys"

But I don't see why I should apologize for the generally crappy music that I like. What does it matter to me if other people think that my music sucks? I'm the one who's listening to it. Music with meaning? Or soul? Or even just technical virtuosity? Sometimes, sure, but sometimes I don't mind something silly that can put a smile on my face.

1 comment:

Myung said...

www.myungandsulah.blogspot.com